Kumasi Robbers gift victim GHC 50; kills pastor who advised them

It has emerged that Rev. Maxwell Atakorah who was shot dead by suspected armed robbers in his rented apartment at Santasi Anyinam in the Kumasi metropolis Wednesday dawn was advising his assailants to desist from robbery before one of them was ordered to pull the trigger.

The murdered man of God was Head Pastor of the Ejisu-Tikrom branch of the Jehova Nissi Evangelical Ministry and survived by a wife and three children, including a 2 week-old baby.

Narrating the incident in an interview with Kumasi-based Angel FM monitored by Mynewsgh.com on Wednesday morning, landlord of the two-storey building in which the attack took place, Mr. Kwame Badu said the robbers had gone into the house to rob some tenants, including a Nigerian lady from whom they took GHC 100 and a mobile phone; they later gave GHC 50 back to the lady when she told them that she would not have any money on her if they took all the GHC 100.

“The pastor was the one who raised the alarm that robbers had come into the house so everyone must remain indoor; after robbing the Nigerian lady and were heading out, they saw that the light in the pastor’s room was on so they broke the glass door to his hall and went inside to face him; he was advising them with the word of God and then one of them gave the instruction to fire”, he said.
Wife of the deceased told Angel News that the assailants of her husband had pounced on her in the bedroom where she laid with her children after shooting twice at him and demanded that she hands over “the money” to them; “I quizzed them about what money they demanded and managed to escape out of the room with my two children and hid in a nearby bush; we returned later to find my husband lying dead in a pool of blood”, she recounted.

Some of his church members shared fond memories of him said he was a good person who did the work of God well; they said it could not be the case that their pastor had any personal problem with anybody which might have resulted in his death.

The body of the deceased has been deposited at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital morgue while the Ashanti REGIONAL POLICE Command opens investigations into the matter.

No arrest had been made at the time of filing this story.

Source: MyNewsGh.com/ TEDDY BROWN ONIMBEDE/2020

Credit: Source link

(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)