Ho dual carriage -“So far, so good”

By A.B. Kafui Kanyi, GNA     

Ho, Nov. 26, GNA – Dr. Archibald Yao Letsa,
Volta Regional Minister, has described work on the dualization of Ho main roads
as “so far, so good,” and commended the contractors for the progress of work.

“The progress is great in three weeks. You
have lived up to expectation, trying to finish two lanes to give way to traffic
in weeks is commendable,” he said when he toured the stretch and interacted
with workers of China Railway No. 5 Engineering Ghana Limited, a construction
firm working on the Sokode-Ho dual carriage.

The Regional Minister said the progress of
work showed that the project would be done on schedule and commended the media
for keeping a “close eye” on the project.

Mr Edward Annan, Regional Director, Urban
Roads, said the contractors were done with formation, sub-base and base on
sections of the road and fixing drainage on other portions.

He said by February next year, sections of the
two lanes would be asphalted and walkways fixed and appealed to officials of
utility companies to help relocate utility lines in time, so that progress of
work would not be delayed.

The 10.5 kilometre project, which started
around October 2016, stalled in May last year due to accumulated debt, and the
stalled work made the stretch unmotorable with agitations from youth groups and
some chiefs in Ho.

Dr. Letsa told journalists recently that work
resumed on the road on November 01, this year after President Nana Addo Dankwa
Akufo-Addo reached an agreement with the construction firm.

The project, estimated at GH¢98million is
expected to manage traffic in Ho and give a face-lift to the Regional capital.

GNA

Credit: Source link

Share:

Leave a Reply